Tuesday, October 20, 2009

news from hostpital

Hi everyone,
just resting in bed after full on day in Boxhill hostpital. Allot more happened then I expected! First I had a two hour drip of Antibioptic in preperation for the cathertor which was going into a blood vessel in my chest and ending up near my heart.

While that was dripping away, they decided to do a bone marrow biopsy on me in my back of hip area. They gave me some morphen, which hit me like a tun of bricks, my body felt so heavy.

Next on the list was to be prepared for the cathertor being inserted, that meant shaving the chest and being washed with ice cold alcohol mix....

I was taken to the xray room where they covererd me in sterile cotton, face included, I could hardly breath. The doctors used the xray machine to check where the cathertor was situated in my vein. Anyway all went well, the local needle gave me a sharp sting, and the Doc had to press quet hard on my jugular which in now bruised.

After that had finnished, I was taken back to have the rest of my Medicine via a drip line. Then we talked to the Stem Cell head nurse, and that when I started to see stars, feel sickly and generally not well. I was taken back to the room where I layed down on the bed, and they checked my BB, which was low! They kept me there untill my BB got back to normal, then I was allowed to go home at 3pm after being there since 8am.

No comments: